In 2012, the Research Institute of Biotechnology and certification of foodstuffs was reorganized into the Research Institute of Biotechnology (RIB). Research Institute of Biotechnology is an independent organization department of KemIFST and submits to the Vice Rector on research work as one of the links in the scientific and educational complex in Kuzbass.
Objectives of Research Institute of Biotechnology:
- Conducting applied research in biotechnology field to develop and improve the scientific and technical products.
- Design and creation of new technologies for the production of innovative products.
- Training of highly qualified personnel
- Involving students and post-graduate students in the field of science and higher education of the Russian Federation.
Functions of Research Institute of Biotechnology:
The development of fundamental and applied research and production technologies, control of biotechnology products and foodstuffs safety.
Structure of the Research Institute of Biotechnology.
Research Complex consists of the following rooms:
- Laboratory complex for work with non-pathogenic to humans micro-organisms of 4 groups (1 group in the international classification)and unclassified, vaccinia viruses.
- Laboratory complex for work with DNA and RNA, PCR and sample preparation for sequencing, genetic engineering work.
- The room for the preparation of culture media and utensils.
- The room for chromatographic procedures.
- The room for immune-enzyme and spectrophotometric procedures.
- The room for physico-chemical procedures.
- Room for technology ranging.
Special attention is paid to research in the following fields:
- Nanosystems Industry;
- Life Sciences.
The area of scientific research corresponds to the list of critical technologies of the Russian Federation:
- Bio-catalytic, biosynthetic and biosensor technologies.
- Biomedical and veterinary technologies.
- Genomic, post-genomic and proteomic technologies.
- Cell technologies.
- Bioengineering technologies.
- Technologies of nanomaterials and nanodevices diagnostics.
- Technologies for production and processing of functional nanomaterials.
- Technologies to reduce the loss of social diseases.